1. HOW OLD THE INSTITUTION IS?
Gandhi Institute for Education and Technology was established in the Year 2009 in Khorda region (http://www.gietbbsr.com). Since then GIET has progressed impressively and achieved widespread recognition from corporate, academia and professional circles. GIET the Institute is large and diversified and imparts knowledge in the field of Engineering, Management and General Sciences.
WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE TO G.I.E.T, WHAT IS SPECIAL ADVANTAGE?
We do not compromise on
Student has seen the value of Gandhi Group or GIET and we have grown up with Five big engineering college which always comes in top 10 in Odisha
WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF MY SON/DAUGHTER AND WHAT ARE THE SCOPES?
Your ward will get good education, which would be taught by the faculty of National repute. As most of our faculties are passed from NIT and IITs and various good institutes having experience in teaching and research
WHAT ARE THE AWARDS AND RECOGNITION ACHIEVED BY THE INSTITUTE?
• Approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi
• Affiliated by Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha
• Recognized as ‘A+’ Grade Engineering College by NAAC, UGC
• All India 88th position – Best Pvt. Engg. College ranking 2018 by India Today Magazine 2019
• All India 76th position – TOP T-School ranking 2018 by India Today Magazine by DATAQUEST Magazine 2019
DOES THE INSTITUTE HAVE A DEDICATED TRAINING & PLACEMENT DEPARTMENT TO ASSIST STUDENT’S?
The institute has a has strong and dedicated Training and Placement department which assist each student for their summer internship and placements. The T&P Cell also train our students as per requirements of the industry so that students are way ahead of the others and their job opportunities increases to big extent
WHAT ABOUT THE PLACEMENT PERCENTAGE OF THE INSTITUTE?
It is more than 85% for the eligible student. Some of the students do not prefer placement rather they go for entrepreneurship/higher studies.
7. WHICH GRADATIONS OF COMPANIES ARE COMING FOR CAMPUS RECRUITMENT?
We have many types of companies are coming for on campus and off campus drive. The student will get a job as per his eligibility, caliber and intelligence. Our students are place in various sectors like:
· Aviation & Aerospace
· Energy Generation& Distribution
· Heavy Machinery & Capital goods
· Industrial Automation
· Oil Industry
· Automation & Robotics
· Consumer Products
· Renewable & Green Energy
· Switch Gear
· IT/ITES Industries
· Civil & Construction Industry
· Data Networking
HOW MANY COMPANIES CAME FOR RECRUITMENT AND WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE OF RECRUITMENT IN PREVIOUS YEAR?
The placement is excellent, this year nearly 80+ companies visited our campus for placement and offered package of up to 5 LPA. The best part is that students from different branches have been placed in their respective sectors.
IS THERE WELL TEACHING FACILITY OR NOT? ARE THERE ANY EXTRA CLASSES FOR WEAK STUDENT?
Our teachers use conventional as well as ICT method to teach the student. We also conduct tutorial, remedial and extra classes to revise the syllabus. We also give special attention to weaker section students by providing them extra remedial classes before the semester exams.
WHAT ABOUT INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITIES OF THE INSTITUTION?
• A 30-acre eco-friendly campus with over 6.80 lakh sq.ft. built-up space.
• Faculties of GIET are from IIT and NIT backgrounds
• Zero loss of academics
• Ragging free campus
• Regular weekend activities
• Periodic Seminars / Conference and Workshops
• Wi-Fi Campus
• Air Conditioned Library
• Separate Hotel for Boys & Girls
• Well maintained and Hygienic Canteen facility for boarders.
DOES THE INSTITUTE PROVIDE HOSTEL FACILITY?
Yes , we have hostel facility available for both boys & girls inside campus.
IS THEIR COMFORTABLE STAY IN HOSTEL IS ASSURED AND WHAT TYPE OF WATER FACILITY AND ELECTRICITY FACILITIES?
Students stay in big hostels where many of their friends are staying. They get an environment to make more friends and academic help from their seniors. Each big room house is having three student occupancy where bathroom and latrine is attached.
Water is available 24hrs but Supply to all rooms is two times every day.
WHAT TYPE OF CANTEEN MENU, HEALTHY & HYGIENIC FOOD OR DEMAND OF STUDENT ARE BEING PROVIDED?
We provide hygienic food to students and menu is decided by students. Some of the students also get jain food. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner to students.
IS IT THE RAGGING FREE CAMPUS?
We are a ragging free campus. We have an anti ragging committee who looks after to stop the menace of ragging.
IS THE INSTITUTE PROVIDES BUS FACILITY?
Yes, bus facility is available for all the students and staffs of the college. For the hostilities, we have the provisions to go out to market or other hangouts during holidays and Sundays.
WHAT TYPE OF STUDY ENVIRONMENT CREATED BY YOUR COLLEGE?
Apart from classroom coaching, students maintain study hours at hostel
We have implemented Teno App, through which the assignments are given. Also Through our college ERP online tests are being practiced
WHAT TYPE OF SAFETY, SECURITY PROVIDED TO STUDENT?
Yes, the hostel and college areas are under CCTV coverage with round-the-clock security guards. We have welfare officers to take care of the students.
IN CASE OF ILLNESS WHAT IS YOUR MEDICAL FACILITY IN EMERGENCY SITUATION?
· We have ambulance ready 24x7
· We give first aid
· For medical emergencies, the college has tie–ups with leading hospitals.
WHAT ABOUT CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES PROVIDED IN THE INTEREST OF STUDENT OF DIFFERENT AREA LIKE SONG, DANCE, DEBATES, SPORTS ETC?
We have various clubs and committees like
· Hobby Club
· Sports club
Students get lots of opportunity to participate and nurture their talents.
REGULAR CLASSES ARE GOING OR NOT?
We strictly follow a non-negotiable academic calendar and classes are conducted as per the schedule and credit hours. Similarly practical and tutorial classes are conducted.
IS THERE ANY DISTURBANCES CREATED BY SENIOR STUDENTS, WHAT IS YOUR PREVENTION?
We have a disciplinary committee (DC) who looks after the discipline in the campus. The DC award punishment to errant student after through proper channel verification and as per the quantum of disturbance which one has created.
AS ENGINEERING HAVE BECOME A VERY COMMON DEGREE AMONG STUDENTS AND DUE TO WHICH MANY OF THEM ARE NOT GETTING PLACED, BECAUSE THEY DON’T HAVE ANY SKILL, SO WHAT IS YOUR COLLEGE DOING FOR THE STUDENTS TO IMPROVE THEIR SKILLS?
Student needs depth knowledge/fundamentals about each subject for which he needs to study curriculum. Apart from this the students are given various soft skills as well as technical skills to increase their technical knowledge and potential.
DO YOUR COLLEGE PROVIDE ANY SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR DIFFERENT BRANCHES TO HELP STUDENTS’ CARRIER?
We are introducing PMKVY for the skill development and various trainings are conducted in house
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES PERFORMED DURING THE YEAR TO GROOM STUDENTS?
· Regular Guest Lectures from Academia and Industry experts
· Workshops Seminars
· National & International Conferences
· Start-up Weekends
· Industrial Visits
· Quiz Competitions
· Website Design Competition
IS ANY EXTRA FEE ADDED OUT OF YOUR COURSE FEE?
There is no extra fee charged for the award of the degree.
AT THE TIME OF FIRST CONTACT BY YOUR ADMISSION OFFICERS THE COURSE FEE OFFERED IS NOT MATCHING AFTER ADMISSION. WHY COURSE FEE ADDED EXTRA?
There might be increase in hostel cost which is basically increased of food cost. For day scholar there is no increase, the fees remains same
IS THE INSTITUTE PROVES SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDENTS?
The Institute don’t have its own scholarship scheme, but the students can avail a lot of scholarship schemes which are offered by the state and central Government. The for the same are mentioned bellow;
· Top Class Education scholarship” (Central Scholarship for SC & ST category students from Govt. of India) under National e-Scholarship Portal (NeSP)
· Top Class Education scholarship for students with disabilities under National e-Scholarship Portal (NeSP)
· PRAGATI & SAKSHAM Scholarship Scheme of AICTE
· Prerana Scholarship for SC, ST and OBC category students from ST, SC & other backward classes development department, Govt. of Odisha on the basis of annual income of parents.
· Medhabruti :Scholarship to OBC and General students of Odisha from Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Odisha as per merit and parents annual income
· Technical scholarship from Govt. of Bihar, Jharkhand and other states to their SC, ST, OBC and General category students as per merit and parents’ annual income (students are required to contact to their District Welfare Officer or District Portal).
· Minority Scholarship:Scholarship from Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India to all concerned students as per merit and parents annual income
· Scholarship from Department of Labour and Employment, Govt. of India
· Prime Minister Scholarship (PM Scholarship): Scholarship from Govt. of India to all the eligible students as per marks secured in the last examinations