In the rapid development in Electronics and Communications initiated the inception of a separate department at GIET, Bhubaneswar since 2009 for imparting state-of-the-art knowledge in Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied areas.
The department runs with a mission to shape graduates into hardcore professionals who would become effective leaders and noteworthy innovators in the technology areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering and Knowledge Engineering. It also motivate and encourage the students to engage in lifelong learning which would help them keep abreast with contemporary developments in their fields of operation and enable them to leverage on the power of knowledge to become outstanding performers in whatever careers they choose. While producing competent professionals and responsible citizens, it is our Endeavour to ensure that our graduates adhere to ethical values in life and be sensitive to environmental and social issues.
The department has seven divisions (Communication, Networking & Wireless, Digital Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, MEMS & Sensors, Photonics & Microwave and VLSI) with good infrastructural facilities and is equipped with full-fledged laboratories. The department also has audio-visual facilities with LCD for effective teaching, having an intake of 60 students. It offers a Bachelors programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering and a Masters Programme in Communication Systems. The placement record has always been very impressive.
The Department helps the students to bring out their talents by conducting technical contest, workshops, symposium & conference. Students of the department actively participate and get awarded in National-level Student Paper Contests being organized at IIT's, NIT's and various other Engineering Colleges. These events provide a platform for the students to expose themselves to the industry & keep pace with its achievements. Also as the Institute has an ISTE Student's Chapter and the students of our department actively participate in the various activities of ISTE.
The department has successfully completed projects namely Mobile Communications, antenna design for RADAR, Fiber optic communications, Entrepreneurship programme, PCB Lab Development Design of Compact Electronic Antenna for Communications, Advanced coded Modulation Techniques for CDMA Communication Systems and ATM Communication Networks.
The faculties are actively involved in research in the areas of Mobile Communications, Digital Communications, Antennas, Phased Array Radars, Signal processing and high frequency communications, Fiber optic Communications, Instrumentation, VLSI and Microprocessors & are also deputed to participate in workshops, conferences, symposia and refresher courses to keep in pace with recent developments in the field of Electronics & Communications Engineering.
Our alumni have added feathers in the cap of GIET's rich history by making a mark in the industrial sphere. The students will strive to keep the lamp burning and follow the path to success. Alumni support has always been a great driving force in the progress of our institute and we value our continued relationship with all alumni.
MISSION AND VISION
- Imparting total quality education to develop innovative, entrepreneurial and ethical future professionals having strong theoretical foundation, good design experience, clear thinking, articulation and exposure to research and development fit for globally competitive environment.
- Allowing stake holders to share our reservoir of experience in education and knowledge for mutual enrichment in the field of technical education.
- Fostering product oriented research for establishing a self-sustaining and wealth creating centre to serve the societal needs.
- To advance and spread knowledge to have a place for innovation and technology development in the frontier areas of electronics, communication, instrumentation, signal processing and very large scale integration leading to creation of wealth and welfare of humanity.
- To generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electronics and communication engineering and to produce competent Engineers adequately prepared to face challenges to meet the requirement of the society.
- Towards a Global Knowledge Hub, striving continuously in pursuit of excellence in Education, Research, Entrepreneurship and Technological services to the society.
- To become a nationally acclaimed department of higher learning that will serve as a source of knowledge and expertise for the society and be a preferred destination for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- To be a place of academic excellence by imparting quality teaching, carrying out research and technology development in frontier areas of electronics and electrical engineering
- To be in the vanguard of learning and research activities and would be providing the expertise and environment to mould high quality professionals and technology leaders in the broad areas of Electronics Engineering. It aims to offer world class undergraduate, graduate and research programs in cutting-edge technology to equip talented minds to scale new professional heights.
- To develop it into a full-fledged centre of learning in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering keeping in view the latest developments and to create the platform for industrial consultancy with Global standards.