Important Notice :
The incidences of ragging in the educational institutions have become a matter of serious concern for all right thinking people of all walks of life. The incidences of ragging have not only ruined the careers of many young students but also severely affected their families.
The Hon'ble Supreme Court of India has issued clear and strict directives to the Ministry of Human Resource Development and the UGC to curb this menace of ragging which in turn has also been communicated to educational institutions for strict adherence.
As per the directives of the highest court of the country and the recommendation of the Raghavan Committee, Biju Pattnaik University and Technology,Orissa has been taking effective measures against ragging, some of which are as stated below:
- Display of posters at the prominent places in the University informing the students to abstain from ragging.
- Circulation of the report of the Raghavan Committee constituted by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India amongst the students.
- Constitution of Anti Ragging Committee & Monitoring Cell on Raging of University Anti Raging Squads for the Residential Campus.
- Affidavit from the students and their parents/guardians to the effect that they are aware of the University's stand towards ragging.
- In accordance with the University's policy on anti ragging measures the students of the University shall be essentially required to submit the undertaking in the prescribed format.
Anti Ragging Committee & its Members
|Prof. Balaji Prasad Padhi
|Prof. (Dr) Anil Kumar Mishra
|Prof.Laxman Kumar Sahoo
|Prof. B. K. Panigrahi
|Prof. Baidyanath Panigrahi
||HOD T & P
Enrol yourself against ragging!!!